Update: The Shopify Widget is now the Shopify Buy Button.
Wouldn’t it be nice to put a Buy Now button for your products anywhere on the web?
Introducing Shopify Widgets: embed your products anywhere. Like these great looking Shopify shirts :)
You can also create simple Buy Now buttons for when you need something simple but effective:
Looks awesome, right? Let’s get you set up and rocking your own widget.
1) Install it from the Shopify App Store.
2) Choose which widget you’d like to use. Let’s give the product with an image widget a shot.
3) Select the product you’d like to feature.
Try playing with the colors and other options to make it look just right:
4) Hit “Give me code” when you’re ready.
5) Copy and paste the HTML code that pops up into your Shopify, Tumblr, Wordpress blog, or wherever you’d like it to go. Note that some free sites don’t allow iframe code, but most places should be ok. Make sure that when you’re pasting in HTML, that you’re in HTML-mode, otherwise it won’t work. Here’s an example in Shopify:
You’re done! Nice work. Take a look at the top of this post for an example of what the embeds can look like :)
Shopify Widgets is launching with iframe support exclusively, but watch out for some exciting updates down the road. After all, it sure would be nice to have your entire store embeddable…
Questions? Add your comments here or hit the “Give the developer feedback” link on the Shopify App Store.