Many businesses today are investing in content marketing as a way to draw attention to their products.
However, some exceptional brands started off producing original content before monetizing it with an ecommerce component.
Case in point: Man Outfitters scours the planet for the best products from the coolest brands like Patagonia, Filson, and Cole Haan to deliver a painless shopping experience. But before that its creators were publishing funny one-liners on humor websites.
In this episode we talk to Madison Whickham and Nick Bravo, two entrepreneurs who launched 6 different websites to power their ecommerce stores with entertaining on-brand content.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How they created a content site that eventually became an ecommerce site.
- How successful you have to get before bigger brands are interested in wholesaling to you.
- What it takes to run 6 different sites that have new content updated daily.
Listen to Shopify Masters below…
- Man Outfitters
- Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Post Grad Problems | Total Frat Move | Rowdy Gentleman
- Rate and Review Shopify Masters on iTunes
About The Author
Felix Thea is the host of the Shopify Masters podcast, the ecommerce marketing podcast for ambitious entrepreneurs, and founder of TrafficAndSales.com where you can get actionable tips to grow your store’s traffic and sales.